Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cruz!




Cruz's first birthday was on the 21st.We had Nonnie and Poppy over and Aunt Michelle, too; And Walt was able to make it in time for cake and presents. It was so nice to have a party where we felt like we didn't miss out on anything. It was very low key, and totally focused on Cruz. It was so fun to watch him experience his first taste of sugar. I made a butter cake with chocolate frosting, and it was everywhere! Once he played with it for a while, he got his first taste, and he just continued to shovel it in, until it was gone. Why do we get so much joy out of these types of things? I don't really know, but I'm kinda glad that it's the simple things in life that make me the happiest. Experiencing the milestones with your kids, and being there to watch them grow up is such a blessing.

3 comments:

Paul and Julie said...

Amen girl..!

chrisandheatherdouglas said...

Happy Birthday Cruz! I can't believe it has already been a year! I love these milestones too! Our kids grow so fast!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Cruz! Glad to hear you enjoyed the cake!